7.5.10

Me and Switzerland II. - Languages

I use French for my work but I make a huge effort to learn German. I couldn't speak a world of German when I arrived. Learning the language of the local people is very important for me to be able to integrate better.
To make the whole thing more difficult, the spoken language in Zürich is Switzergerman what is completly different from the official German. Unfortunately, Switzergerman is not a written language, so it is impossible to learn it from a book. On the top of that, it is not easy to start to learn after arriving at home late after work. So, the situation is not easy and it takes a lot of time to learn a language, but I think it worth the energy because this way I can learn more people, discover more and more deeply the culture of all of the German speaking area.

No comments:

Post a Comment